We know starting a new school year is full of details. Here's everything you'll need to know for our Fall 2019 Kickoff!
Ministry Fair: August 25 @ 10am, Worship Center Lobby
- Connect and serve with Clemson Pres! Before and after the worship service, ministries from the church will be stationed in the lobby for you to stop by, meet the leadership, find out how to be involved, and learn about service opportunities.
Welcome Back Picnic: August 25 @ 5:45pm, Fellowship Hall & Courtyard
- Each year we gather together for a fun evening to welcome back our college student friends and kick off a new year. We’re having Bucky's BBQ, baked beans, coleslaw, chips, and ice cream bars. Cost is $3/person, $15/family. Students are our guests and eat for free.
Volunteer Training: August 26th @ 6pm
- If you're a small group leader, children's ministry volunteer, or youth ministry volunteer meet in the Fellowship Hall for dinner followed by a short time of training for the upcoming year of ministry.
Newcomers’ Class begins September 8th at 9am in 2E6. It’s a great way to learn about Clemson Pres and let us get to know you. Learn more or let us know you’re coming, go to clemsonpres.org/newcomers.
Sunday Night Kickoff: September 8th @ 5:30pm, Fellowship Hall/Nursery
- Kids nursery through 5th grade are invited to learn about Scripture through games, songs, and teaching. Be sure to stop at the check in desk on the Nursery Hall or Fellowship Hall each week to let us know you're here.
Contact: Becky Sinclair, Children's Ministry Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
D-Groups Begin / Parent Meeting : August 28 @ 6:30, fellowship hall
- All students and parents are invited to join us for our meal ($3 per person) and the beginning of our small group time (6:30-8:30pm in the fellowship hall). The parent meeting will begin at 7:30pm.
Middle School Youth Group: September 1 @ 5:30, Worship Center
High School Youth Group: September 1 @ 7pm, Worship Center
Parenting Conference: February 1, 2020, 9am-3pm, registration is open
- We all want to be seen and heard. Our technology saturated culture aids parents and children alike in connecting and sharing with each other, friends, and family. But with all the good technology brings, there are also risks and pitfalls. Join us February 1, 2020 for an energizing day with Walt Mueller of the Center for Parent/Youth Understanding (CPYU). Walt is exceptional at meeting parents in their journey of raising adolescents. In the morning he will walk us through the natural development processes of adolescents, noting our culture’s intentional marketing techniques to capture the desires of our children. After a catered lunch, Walt will uncover some of the hidden ways technology affects us and our children, while also showing us ways to be faithful followers ofChrist in a digital community.
Contact: Matthew Icard, Pastor of Youth & Families, email@example.com
Bailie Ruffo, Youth Ministry Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday School: Every Sunday @ 9am, Fellowship Hall
Adopt A Student: Adopt a Student is program that pairs college students with church members for fellowship, support, and fun. College students get to be part of a local family and we get all the fun that college students are. Families and students can sign up here.
Other campus ministries: CRU, CRU Lifelines, Navigators, Greek Intervarsity
Small Groups: begin September 8 @ 5:30. Small groups meet at various times during the month in people’s homes or on the church campus. These groups are for connection, Gospel encouragement, and needful accountability. Click here to see our small groups are offerings or to join a group.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study-begins August 28th @ 9:15am in the Fellowship Hall, childcare provided. Let us know you're coming!
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study-beings September 4th @ 6:45pm in the Library. Let us know you're coming!
- Women's Ministry Newsletter-each month the women's ministry sends out a newsletter to better connect you with other women in the church. Sign up for that newsletter here.
Men's Ministry: Friday morning bible study continues at 6am in 1E6.
High School Fall Retreat: October 18-20
Family Promise: November 17-24
Operation Christmas Child Drop Off Center: November 18-25
Children's Sunday Night does not meet: December 1
Women's Christmas Gathering: December 5th
Last Small Group/Children's Min Sunday Night/Youth Group of the semester: December 8
Lessons & Carols: December 22 (during Sunday morning service)
Christmas Eve Service: December 24, 5:30pm
Women's Retreat: January 24-25, 2020
Parenting Conference with Walt Mueller: February 1, 2020
- If you're new to Clemson Pres, we're so glad you're here! Check out the newcomers page to learn more about CPC.
- Prayer lists-you can both submit a prayer request as well as get the weekly prayer list. We keep the prayer list page password protected for privacy, but you can get the password from the church office anytime.
- Stay connected!