Let us come this Sunday with an open mind and heart and with humility to come before our God and King. Perhaps some do not feel comfortable gathering so close together inside the fellowship hall. There will be a detailed hand out similar to this email. Perhaps some would gather outside and pray as a smaller group. The plan now is to have the congregation meet in the fellowship hall.
As we gather during the Sunday school hour this week here are some things to keep in mind and help our hearts to be prepared for a time of corporate prayer.
Let us prepare to praise God together focusing on His attributes. Chew on these verses.
- God is Infinite - Self Existing, Without Beginning
Exo 3:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psa 113:4-6, Psa 145:3; Psa 147:5; Isa 40:28;
Col. 1:17; Rev. 1:8
- God is Holy - Infinitely, Unchangeably Perfect
Ex. 15:11; 1 Sam. 2:2; Isa. 6:1-3; Isa. 40:25-26; Hab. 2:20; Psa 47:8;
Psa 77:11-13; Psa 99:1-3; Rev. 4:8; Rev. 15:4
We acknowledge our dependence on Him as we pray for the Elders, Deacons and Staff
- Growth in their love for the Lord (Matt. 22:37)
- A deepened love for one another and the body (Matt. 22:39)
- Protection for them and their families (Psalm 91)
- Joy in the midst of trial (James 1:2-4)
- A renewed sensitivity to (and a peace from) the Holy Spirit (John 14:26,27)
- Wisdom in decision-making (James 1:5, Eph 1:17)
- Renewed strength and stamina (Isa 40:31)
- That they would glorify God and enjoy Him (Psalm 145:1-3; Habakkuk 3:18)
- Direction and Unity (John 17:20-24)
We recognize our dependence on God for renewal and refreshment
- What are the things we really need to be praying for?
- Who is the man God has for our future Senior pastor?
- Who should be on the pastor search committee? How do we best pray for them?
- How do we incorporate our core values to where God is glorified and we impact the community?
- What discipleship model should we adopt that engages head, heart, and hands?
- Prayer that God would transform our hearts and minds.
- How do we grow in our understanding of God’s holiness and our humility?
Finally, we can be confident that God hears and answers our prayers in the way that most glorifies him
Psalm 7:17; Psalm 9:1; Psalm 95:1-3; Psalm 100:4-5; Psalm 107:21-22; 1 Cor. 1:4;
Phil. 4:6-7; Col. 2:6-7; 1 Tim. 4:4-5; 1 Thes. 5: 16-18; Heb. 12:28-29;