The session wants to communicate clearly about what they are working on and how they are shepherding the congregation. Below you will find updates on what they are working on each month. If you have further questions, you're welcome to contact your shepherding elder. If you're unsure who your elder is, the church office is happy to point you in the right direction.
JUNE 7, 2021
- Esther Talley was received as a new member transfer from Calvary Presbyterian Church in Willow Grove, Pa. Her husband, Jeff, an ordained pastor, is a member of another presbytery. [Pastors are not members of local churches in the PCA.]
- Pastor Tim Kirk went over his outline plans for “The Church as … Community (Family), Corpus (Body), and Cause (Mission)” sermons for the last 3 weeks in September, followed by vow renewals. There was a season of prayer.
- It was noted that our Church Directory has been completed and is available. Realm (on-line directory) is being updated and all members are encouraged to enter and update their information there by going online at clemsonpres.org/contact/realm or using the church app. If you need help, contact Ruthann Crane or Sara Dixon.
- There were shepherding issues and needs discussed, followed by a season of prayer.
- Pastor Tim Kirk presented his proposal for CPC Vision & Values Forum: A Season for [Re]gathering and [Re]newal @ CPC Summer 2021 which included an all-adult & youth Sunday Forum (9-10 am) to [Re]cast CPC’s 6 Core Values, presented in the Fellowship Hall from July 11th – August 22th. This 7-week Sunday School approach was approved. “Biblically Grounded” will be the first core value scripturally and practically addressed on July 11th led by an elder team headed by ruling elder Barry Swiger.
- All three pastors and several other CPC elders will be attending the PCA’s General Assembly that starts June 28th. Please pray for them and for it.